Global Classic 10-inch Chef's Knife, G-16
High tech from tip to handle, Global knives from Japan created a sensation when they burst onto the world's culinary stage as an alternative to traditional European-style cutlery. Blades are made of hard molybdenum/vanadium stainless steel and "face-ground" with a long taper rather than a short bevel so edges remain sharp longer than even the best high-carbon stainless-steel knives. Edges also are ground at a more acute angle than traditional European-style knives and arrive from the factory razor-sharp. Although Global also makes a "heavyweight" line for cooks who like hefty knives, its original knives--of which this one is an example--have thinner blades and are lighter than traditional European-style knives. This 10-inch chef's knife, however, is intended for large-handed cooks and is relatively heavy. Global also dispensed with bolsters on its original knives to reduce weight. Balance is achieved by injecting a precise amount of sand for a particular blade style into a hollow handle. To ensure balance is continuous, the sand flows inside the handle as a blade is maneuvered. A finger notch between blade and handle provides safety.
- The blade is constructed of a single piece of steel, with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance.
- Made of hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance.
- Perfectly balanced knives provide optimal control.
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called CROMOVA 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for GLOBAL®.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel.
- Ergonomic, stainless steel hygienic handles with signature dimple pattern offer a comfortable, slip-resistant grip.